Mount Sanford is a shield volcano in the Wrangell Volcanic Field, in eastern Alaska near the Copper River. It is the third highest volcano in the United States behind Mount Bona and Mount Blackburn. The south face of the volcano, at the head of the Sanford Glacier, rises 8,000 feet in 1 mile resulting in one of the steepest slopes in North America.
Photos provided by Panoramio are under the copyright of their owners.
Mount Sanford SUMMIT LOG
No one has reported climbing or hiking to Mount Sanford summit on peakery. If you’ve climbed this peak be the first to report it! Share your summit log entry and add Mount Sanford pictures from your climb below. Include the names of the routes or trails you took to the summit and back.
3d Fly AroundShow Bigger »
Highest peaks within 250 mi / 400 km
- Nathlie Mountain 6,503 ft / 1,982 m 10 mi / 16 km away
- Mount Zanetti 12,861 ft / 3,920 m 12 mi / 19 km away
- Capital Mountain 7,162 ft / 2,183 m 14 mi / 23 km away
- Mount Wrangell 14,163 ft / 4,317 m 15 mi / 23 km away
- Mount Drum 12,010 ft / 3,661 m 18 mi / 29 km away
- Snider Peak 7,959 ft / 2,426 m 19 mi / 31 km away
- Recent Summits
- Gunsight Notch Peak
- Bridge Point
- Lysa Hora
- Storm King Mountain
- Mount Whiteface
- Mount Cilley
- Jones Peak