100% South Route up glacier
Iliniza Sur is a 17,267 ft / 5,263 m mountain peak near Saquisilí, Cotopaxi, Ecuador. Based on peakery data, it ranks as the 2nd highest mountain in Cotopaxi and the 6th highest mountain in Ecuador. The nearest peaks are Illiniza Norte, Cerro Ingacorral, Santa Cruz, Loma Gualucasi, Sumi Loma, and Bisi Loma. See the Iliniza Sur map, 3D fly around, and the Iliniza Sur photos to get a better sense of the mountain.
Photos provided by Panoramio are under the copyright of their owners.
Iliniza Sur SUMMIT LOG
2 members report climbing or hiking to the summit, most recently on Dec 30, 2011. Below are trip reports and shared pictures from their climbs. Based on the summit log, the most popular climbing route and hiking trail to the summit is South Route up glacier.
Others who’ve summited Iliniza Sur
Routes Used trails & approaches
3d Fly AroundShow Bigger »
- Illiniza Norte 16,817 ft / 5,126 m 1 mi / 1 km away
- Cerro Ingacorral 12,030 ft / 3,667 m 6 mi / 10 km away
- Santa Cruz 11,935 ft / 3,638 m 7 mi / 11 km away
- Loma Gualucasi 9,862 ft / 3,006 m 7 mi / 12 km away
- Sumi Loma 11,130 ft / 3,393 m 8 mi / 13 km away
- Bisi Loma 11,477 ft / 3,498 m 9 mi / 15 km away