The plan was Abbott Ridge to Mount Abbott to Mount Afton. We were anticipating precipitation, but decided we would attempt to go as far as we safely could. Once on the ridge, clouds rolled in, and with it some flurries. This wasn’t too bad to work with. We just took our time and navigated ledges and bypassed a few sketchy sections. With 73m of elevation left, we reached a point on Mt. Abbott that we couldn’t pass safely. We tried 3 different lines. The obvious easy line was an easy and short smear across a slab. It was super slick and the snow had picked up. If we managed to get up, it would have been worse if we returned that way. It was a very fun day up to that point, so we decided to turn back and give this route another shot next year. We were completely socked in, with zero visibility , we would have missed out on some good views. Scrambling along the ridge was a lot of fun in both directions!