Volcán Tacaná is a 13,320 ft / 4,060 m mountain peak near Frontera Comalapa, Chiapas, Mexico. Based on peakery data, it ranks as the 1st highest mountain in Chiapas , 1st highest mountain in San Marcos , 2nd highest mountain in Guatemala and the 9th highest mountain in Mexico. The nearest peaks are Cerro Chimborazo, Chepavilzaj, Cerro Tojchij, Cerro Toquian Grande, Cerro Boqueron, and Cerro Cotzic. Volcán Tacaná belongs to the Mexico Ultras peak list. See the Volcán Tacaná map, 3D fly around, and the Volcán Tacaná photos to get a better sense of the mountain.
Photos provided by Panoramio are under the copyright of their owners.
Volcán Tacaná SUMMIT LOG
1 person reports climbing or hiking to the summit, most recently on Nov 22, 2007. Below is the trip report and shared pictures from their climb.
3d Fly AroundShow Bigger »
- Cerro Chimborazo 4,769 ft / 1,454 m 7 mi / 11 km away
- Chepavilzaj 7,975 ft / 2,431 m 7 mi / 11 km away
- Cerro Tojchij 10,216 ft / 3,114 m 7 mi / 12 km away
- Cerro Toquian Grande 6,607 ft / 2,014 m 8 mi / 13 km away
- Cerro Boqueron 5,021 ft / 1,530 m 12 mi / 19 km away
- Cerro Cotzic 10,404 ft / 3,171 m 15 mi / 24 km away