100% main route
Volcán Barú (Volcán de Chiriqui)
Volcán Barú (Volcán de Chiriqui) is a 11,398 ft / 3,474 m mountain peak in the Talamanca Range in Chiriquí, Panama. Based on peakery data, it ranks as the 1st highest mountain in Chiriquí and the 1st highest mountain in Panama. The nearest peaks are Cerro Respingo, Cerro Aguacate, Cerro Punta, Cerro Pon La Olla, Cerro Potrero de Piedra, and Cerro Machomonte. Volcán Barú (Volcán de Chiriqui) belongs to the World Country High Points peak list. See the Volcán Barú (Volcán de Chiriqui) map, 3D fly around, and the Volcán Barú (Volcán de Chiriqui) photos to get a better sense of the mountain.
Photos provided by Panoramio are under the copyright of their owners.
Volcán Barú (Volcán de Chiriqui) SUMMIT LOG
5 members report climbing or hiking to the summit, most recently on Jun 27, 2012. Below are trip reports and shared pictures from their climbs. Based on the summit log, the most popular climbing route and hiking trail to the summit is main route.
Others who’ve summited Volcán Barú (Volcán de Chiriqui)
Routes Used trails & approaches
3d Fly AroundShow Bigger »
- Cerro Respingo 7,864 ft / 2,397 m 3 mi / 5 km away
- Cerro Aguacate 5,897 ft / 1,798 m 4 mi / 6 km away
- Cerro Punta 7,502 ft / 2,287 m 6 mi / 9 km away
- Cerro Pon La Olla 5,039 ft / 1,536 m 6 mi / 10 km away
- Cerro Potrero de Piedra 4,812 ft / 1,467 m 6 mi / 10 km away
- Cerro Machomonte 4,449 ft / 1,356 m 7 mi / 12 km away