100% parked at old homestead on the east fork of the blacktail; walked due east up ridge, then took n.w. ridge to top
Sunset Peak is a 10,548 ft / 3,215 m mountain peak near Whitehall, Montana, United States. Based on peakery data, it ranks as the 102nd highest mountain in Montana and the 3223rd highest mountain in the United States. The nearest peaks are Olson Peak, Hogback Mountain, Stonehouse Mountain, Mount Carey, Sawtooth Mountain, and Antone Peak. See the Sunset Peak map, 3D fly around, and the Sunset Peak photos to get a better sense of the mountain.
Photos provided by Panoramio are under the copyright of their owners.
Sunset Peak SUMMIT LOG
1 person reports climbing or hiking to the summit, most recently on Sep 25, 2011. Below is the trip report and shared pictures from their climb. Based on the summit log, the most popular climbing route and hiking trail to the summit is parked at old homestead on the east fork of the blacktail; walked due east up ridge, then took n.w. ridge to top.
Routes Used trails & approaches
3d Fly AroundShow Bigger »
- Olson Peak 10,433 ft / 3,180 m 1 mi / 1 km away
- Hogback Mountain 10,577 ft / 3,224 m 3 mi / 4 km away
- Stonehouse Mountain 10,056 ft / 3,065 m 3 mi / 4 km away
- Mount Carey 9,544 ft / 2,909 m 4 mi / 7 km away
- Sawtooth Mountain 10,090 ft / 3,075 m 5 mi / 9 km away
- Antone Peak 10,213 ft / 3,113 m 6 mi / 9 km away