100% Appalachian trail
Sunrise Mountain is a 1,653 ft / 504 m mountain peak near Newton, New Jersey, United States. Based on peakery data, it ranks as the 2nd highest mountain in New Jersey and the 48583rd highest mountain in the United States. The nearest peaks are High Point (New Jersey), Pow Wow Hill, The Knob, Bird Mountain, Foster Hill, and Pine Hill. Sunrise Mountain belongs to the New Jersey 1Kers peak list. See the Sunrise Mountain map, 3D fly around, and the Sunrise Mountain photos to get a better sense of the mountain.
Photos provided by Panoramio are under the copyright of their owners.
Sunrise Mountain SUMMIT LOG
6 members report climbing or hiking to the summit, most recently on Jun 15, 2014. Below are trip reports and shared pictures from their climbs.
Others who’ve summited Sunrise Mountain
Routes Used trails & approaches
3d Fly AroundShow Bigger »
- North Frenchman Mountain 3,942 ft / 1,202 m 2 mi / 4 km away
- Frenchman Mountain 4,056 ft / 1,236 m 3 mi / 5 km away
- Lava Butte 2,871 ft / 875 m 5 mi / 9 km away
- Whitney Mesa 1,916 ft / 584 m 11 mi / 18 km away
- Black Mesa 2,210 ft / 674 m 13 mi / 20 km away
- Point 2915 ft / 888 m 2,915 ft / 888 m 14 mi / 23 km away