Sorak-san is a 5,604 ft / 1,708 m mountain peak near Sokch’o, Gangwon, South Korea. Based on peakery data, it ranks as the 1st highest mountain in Gangwon and the 4th highest mountain in South Korea. The nearest peaks are Taech'ong-bong, Chungch'ong-bong, Kkutch'ong-bong, Soch'ong-bong, Hwach'ae-bong, and Yohwa-dae. See the Sorak-san map, 3D fly around, and the Sorak-san photos to get a better sense of the mountain.
Photos provided by Panoramio are under the copyright of their owners.
Sorak-san SUMMIT LOG
4 people report climbing or hiking to the summit, most recently on Nov 5, 2011. Below are trip reports and shared pictures from their climbs.
Others who’ve claimed Sorak-san
3d Fly AroundShow Bigger »
Highest peaks within 250 mi / 400 km
- Taech'ong-bong 5,532 ft / 1,686 m 0 mi / 0 km away
- Chungch'ong-bong 5,348 ft / 1,630 m 1 mi / 1 km away
- Kkutch'ong-bong 5,155 ft / 1,572 m 1 mi / 1 km away
- Soch'ong-bong 4,200 ft / 1,280 m 1 mi / 2 km away
- Hwach'ae-bong 4,183 ft / 1,275 m 2 mi / 3 km away
- Yohwa-dae 3,927 ft / 1,197 m 2 mi / 4 km away
- Recent Summits
- Rattlesnake Peak
- Rabbit Mountain
- Winn Mountain
- Mount Hunger
- Hall Mountain
- Nats Mountain