Sombrero Peak is a 4,229 ft / 1,289 m mountain peak near Borrego Springs, California, United States. Based on peakery data, it ranks as the 3065th highest mountain in California and the 29215th highest mountain in the United States. The nearest peaks are False Sombrero Peak, Red Top, Point 3339 ft / 1017 m, Sawtooth Mountains High Point, Stage Benchmark, and Gasp Benchmark. Sombrero Peak belongs to the Sierra Club Desert Peaks Section, and the San Diego 100 Peaks peak lists. See the Sombrero Peak map, 3D fly around, and the Sombrero Peak photos to get a better sense of the mountain.
Photos provided by Panoramio are under the copyright of their owners.
Sombrero Peak SUMMIT LOG
1 member reports climbing or hiking to the summit, most recently on Dec 26, 2011. Below is the trip report and shared pictures from their climb.
3d Fly AroundShow Bigger »
- Crescent Dunes 4,993 ft / 1,522 m 1 mi / 2 km away
- Mormon Dan Butte 4,528 ft / 1,380 m 5 mi / 8 km away
- Corbeal Butte 4,314 ft / 1,315 m 7 mi / 11 km away
- Squaw Peak 4,859 ft / 1,481 m 8 mi / 12 km away
- Gabica Butte 4,439 ft / 1,353 m 9 mi / 14 km away
- Blue Mountain 7,142 ft / 2,177 m 11 mi / 17 km away