100% Cactus Springs Trail
Sheep Mountain is a 5,141 ft / 1,567 m mountain peak near Palm Desert, California, United States. Based on peakery data, it ranks as the 2485th highest mountain in California , 2485th highest mountain in California and the 24354th highest mountain in the United States. The nearest peaks are Martinez Mountain, Black Hill, Toro Peak, Toro Peak, West Peak, Asbestos Mountain, and Santa Rosa Mountain. Sheep Mountain belongs to the Sierra Club Hundred Peaks Section peak list. See the Sheep Mountain map, 3D fly around, and the Sheep Mountain photos to get a better sense of the mountain.
Photos provided by Panoramio are under the copyright of their owners.
Sheep Mountain SUMMIT LOG
2 members report climbing or hiking to the summit, most recently on Apr 6, 2014. Below are trip reports and shared pictures from their climbs. Based on the summit log, the most popular climbing route and hiking trail to the summit is Cactus Springs Trail.
Routes Used trails & approaches
3d Fly AroundShow Bigger »
- Martinez Mountain 6,562 ft / 2,000 m 3 mi / 4 km away
- Black Hill 3,632 ft / 1,107 m 4 mi / 6 km away
- Toro Peak 8,716 ft / 2,657 m 5 mi / 8 km away
- Toro Peak, West Peak 8,316 ft / 2,535 m 5 mi / 9 km away
- Asbestos Mountain 5,265 ft / 1,605 m 6 mi / 9 km away
- Santa Rosa Mountain 8,070 ft / 2,460 m 6 mi / 10 km away