100% Appalachian Trail
Round Bald is a 5,807 ft / 1,770 m mountain peak near Spruce Pine, North Carolina, United States. Based on peakery data, it ranks as the 76th highest mountain in North Carolina and the 20607th highest mountain in the United States. The nearest peaks are Jane Bald, Roan High Knob, Grassy Ridge Bald, Round Mountain, Cloudland Mountain, and Yellow Mountain. See the Round Bald map, 3D fly around, and the Round Bald photos to get a better sense of the mountain.
Photos provided by Panoramio are under the copyright of their owners.
Round Bald SUMMIT LOG
6 members report climbing or hiking to the summit, most recently on Jan 24, 2015. Below are trip reports and shared pictures from their climbs. Based on the summit log, the most popular climbing route and hiking trail to the summit is Appalachian Trail.
Others who’ve summited Round Bald
Routes Used trails & approaches
3d Fly AroundShow Bigger »
- Jane Bald 5,807 ft / 1,770 m 1 mi / 1 km away
- Roan High Knob 6,286 ft / 1,916 m 1 mi / 2 km away
- Grassy Ridge Bald 6,165 ft / 1,879 m 1 mi / 2 km away
- Round Mountain 4,888 ft / 1,490 m 1 mi / 2 km away
- Cloudland Mountain 6,178 ft / 1,883 m 2 mi / 2 km away
- Yellow Mountain 5,371 ft / 1,637 m 2 mi / 3 km away