100% West ridge, from Defreggerhaus
Rainerhorn is a 11,677 ft / 3,559 m mountain peak near Matrei in Osttirol, Tyrol, Austria. Based on peakery data, it ranks as the 7th highest mountain in Tyrol and the 11th highest mountain in Austria. The nearest peaks are Schwarze Wand, Hohes Aderl, Hoher Zaun, Großvenediger, Kleinvenediger, and Kapunitzkopfl. See the Rainerhorn map, 3D fly around, and the Rainerhorn photos to get a better sense of the mountain.
Photos provided by Panoramio are under the copyright of their owners.
Rainerhorn SUMMIT LOG
2 members report climbing or hiking to the summit, most recently on Aug 10, 1983. Below are trip reports and shared pictures from their climbs. Based on the summit log, the most popular climbing route and hiking trail to the summit is West ridge, from Defreggerhaus.
Others who’ve summited Rainerhorn
Routes Used trails & approaches
3d Fly AroundShow Bigger »
- Schwarze Wand 11,503 ft / 3,506 m 0 mi / 0 km away
- Hohes Aderl 11,503 ft / 3,506 m 1 mi / 1 km away
- Hoher Zaun 11,322 ft / 3,451 m 1 mi / 1 km away
- Großvenediger 12,014 ft / 3,662 m 1 mi / 2 km away
- Kleinvenediger 11,388 ft / 3,471 m 1 mi / 2 km away
- Kapunitzkopfl 8,756 ft / 2,669 m 1 mi / 2 km away