100% North face
Ober Gabelhorn is a 13,330 ft / 4,063 m mountain peak near Zermatt, Valais, Switzerland. Based on peakery data, it ranks as the 31st highest mountain in Valais and the 42nd highest mountain in Switzerland. The nearest peaks are Wellenkuppe, Mittler Gabelhorn, Punta Margherita, Le Coeur, Mont Durand (Arbenhorn), and Trifthorn. Ober Gabelhorn belongs to the Alps 4000m Peaks Challenge, and the Switzerland 4000m Peaks Challenge peak lists. See the Ober Gabelhorn map, 3D fly around, and the Ober Gabelhorn photos to get a better sense of the mountain.
Photos provided by Panoramio are under the copyright of their owners.
Ober Gabelhorn SUMMIT LOG
2 members report climbing or hiking to the summit, most recently on May 29, 2015. Below are trip reports and shared pictures from their climbs. Based on the summit log, the most popular climbing route and hiking trail to the summit is North face.
Others who’ve summited Ober Gabelhorn
Routes Used trails & approaches
3d Fly AroundShow Bigger »
- Wellenkuppe 12,805 ft / 3,903 m 1 mi / 1 km away
- Mittler Gabelhorn 12,090 ft / 3,685 m 1 mi / 1 km away
- Mont Durand (Arbenhorn) 12,182 ft / 3,713 m 1 mi / 1 km away
- Trifthorn 12,231 ft / 3,728 m 1 mi / 2 km away
- Hohwaenghorn 12,047 ft / 3,672 m 1 mi / 2 km away
- Abihorn 11,394 ft / 3,473 m 1 mi / 2 km away