Nevado Ampato is a 20,630 ft / 6,288 m mountain peak in the Andes in Arequipa, Peru. Based on peakery data, it ranks as the 1st highest mountain in Arequipa and the 12th highest mountain in Peru. The nearest peaks are Cerro Yanajaja, Nevado Sabancaya, Cerro Orcona, Cerro Huaraya, Cerro Jatun Rumi, and Cerro Cala. Nevado Ampato belongs to the Peru 6000m Peaks peak list. See the Nevado Ampato map, 3D fly around, and the Nevado Ampato photos to get a better sense of the mountain.
Photos provided by Panoramio are under the copyright of their owners.
Nevado Ampato SUMMIT LOG
No one has reported climbing or hiking to Nevado Ampato summit on peakery. If you’ve climbed this peak be the first to report it! Share your summit log entry and add Nevado Ampato pictures from your climb below. Include the names of the routes or trails you took to the summit and back.
3d Fly AroundShow Bigger »
- Cerro Yanajaja 16,176 ft / 4,931 m 2 mi / 3 km away
- Nevado Sabancaya 19,383 ft / 5,908 m 3 mi / 5 km away
- Cerro Orcona 15,236 ft / 4,644 m 3 mi / 6 km away
- Cerro Huaraya 15,401 ft / 4,694 m 4 mi / 7 km away
- Cerro Jatun Rumi 16,617 ft / 5,065 m 5 mi / 8 km away
- Cerro Cala 15,318 ft / 4,669 m 5 mi / 8 km away