Mount Saint Elias
Mount Saint Elias is the second highest mountain in both the United States and Canada on the Yukon and Alaska border. It lies about 25 miles southwest of Mount Logan, the highest mountain in Canada. The Canadian side is part of Kluane National Park, while the U.S. side of the mountain is located within Wrangell-St. Elias National Park and Preserve. Mount Saint Elias is notable for being the highest peak in the world that is so close to tidewater; its summit rises only 10 miles from the head of Taan Fjord, off of Icy Bay. This gives the peak immense vertical relief, comparable to that of Denali or peaks in the Himalayas.
Photos provided by Panoramio are under the copyright of their owners.
Mount Saint Elias SUMMIT LOG
No one has reported climbing or hiking to Mount Saint Elias summit on peakery. If you’ve climbed this peak be the first to report it! Share your summit log entry and add Mount Saint Elias pictures from your climb below. Include the names of the routes or trails you took to the summit and back.
3d Fly AroundShow Bigger »
Highest peaks within 250 mi / 400 km
- Haydon Peak 11,713 ft / 3,570 m 3 mi / 5 km away
- Mount Newton 12,320 ft / 3,755 m 3 mi / 5 km away
- The Hump 11,864 ft / 3,616 m 6 mi / 9 km away
- Mount Jeannette 10,649 ft / 3,246 m 8 mi / 12 km away
- Mount Huxley 10,522 ft / 3,207 m 8 mi / 13 km away
- Mount Bering 10,144 ft / 3,092 m 10 mi / 16 km away
- Recent Summits
- Hall Mountain
- Nats Mountain
- Bridge Point
- Lysa Hora
- Gunsight Notch Peak
- Mount Cilley