Mount Gibbes is a 6,571 ft / 2,003 m mountain peak near Burnsville, North Carolina, United States. Based on peakery data, it ranks as the 5th highest mountain in North Carolina and the 16162nd highest mountain in the United States. The nearest peaks are Clingmans Peak, Potato Knob, Mount Hallback, Cherry Mountain, Patton Knob, and Bear Wallow Knob. Mount Gibbes belongs to the South Beyond 6000 peak list. See the Mount Gibbes map, 3D fly around, and the Mt. Gibbes photos to get a better sense of the mountain.
Photos provided by Panoramio are under the copyright of their owners.
Mount Gibbes SUMMIT LOG
3 people report climbing or hiking to the summit, most recently on Aug 24, 2013. Below are trip reports and shared pictures from their climbs.
Others who’ve claimed Mount Gibbes
3d Fly AroundShow Bigger »
- Clingmans Peak 6,529 ft / 1,990 m 0 mi / 0 km away
- Potato Knob 6,342 ft / 1,933 m 1 mi / 1 km away
- Mount Hallback 6,322 ft / 1,927 m 1 mi / 1 km away
- Patton Knob 5,991 ft / 1,826 m 1 mi / 2 km away
- Bear Wallow Knob 4,790 ft / 1,460 m 1 mi / 2 km away
- Chestnut Knob 4,465 ft / 1,361 m 2 mi / 2 km away