100% Standard route
Mount Catherine is a 8,668 ft / 2,642 m mountain peak near Aţ Ţūr, Janūb Sīnāʼ, Egypt. Based on peakery data, it ranks as the 1st highest mountain in Egypt. The nearest peaks are Jabal Zubayr, Jabal Abu Rumayl, Mount Sinai, Jabal Musa, Jabal al Munajah, and Jabal Abu Halaq. Mount Catherine belongs to the World Country High Points peak list. See the Mount Catherine map, 3D fly around, and the Mt. Catherine photos to get a better sense of the mountain.
Photos provided by Panoramio are under the copyright of their owners.
Mount Catherine SUMMIT LOG
2 people report climbing or hiking to the summit, most recently on Nov 14, 2002. Below are trip reports and shared pictures from their climbs. Based on the summit log, the most popular climbing route and hiking trail to the summit is Standard route.
Others who’ve summited Mount Catherine
Routes Used trails & approaches
3d Fly AroundShow Bigger »
- Jabal Zubayr 8,534 ft / 2,601 m 0 mi / 0 km away
- Jabal Abu Rumayl 8,410 ft / 2,563 m 1 mi / 2 km away
- Jabal Musa 7,497 ft / 2,285 m 2 mi / 4 km away
- Jabal al Munajah 5,921 ft / 1,805 m 3 mi / 5 km away
- Jabal Abu Halaq 7,300 ft / 2,225 m 3 mi / 6 km away
- Qasr 'Abbas Basha 7,091 ft / 2,161 m 4 mi / 6 km away