Mogotón is a 6,913 ft / 2,107 m mountain peak near Jutiapa, El Paraíso, Honduras. Based on peakery data, it ranks as the 1st highest mountain in El Paraíso , 17th highest mountain in Honduras and the 1st highest mountain in Nicaragua. The nearest peaks are Cerro El Tizal, Monte El Carrizo, Cerro Volcan Viejo, Cerro El Sangarro, Cerro La Travesia, and Cerro Pachon. Mogotón belongs to the World Country High Points Challenge peak list. See the Mogotón map, 3D fly around, and the Mogotón photos to get a better sense of the mountain.
Photos provided by Panoramio are under the copyright of their owners.
Mogotón SUMMIT LOG
2 members report climbing or hiking to the summit, most recently on Oct 1, 2013. Below are trip reports and shared pictures from their climbs. Based on the summit log, the most popular climbing route and hiking trail to the summit is Up.
Others who’ve summited Mogotón
Routes Used trails & approaches
3d Fly AroundShow Bigger »
- Cerro El Tizal 5,557 ft / 1,694 m 2 mi / 3 km away
- Monte El Carrizo 3,820 ft / 1,164 m 4 mi / 7 km away
- Cerro Volcan Viejo 6,026 ft / 1,837 m 5 mi / 9 km away
- Cerro El Sangarro 4,588 ft / 1,398 m 6 mi / 10 km away
- Cerro La Travesia 2,969 ft / 905 m 7 mi / 12 km away
- Cerro Pachon 2,639 ft / 805 m 7 mi / 12 km away