100% Normal route (through Guanaquitos (Base Camp))
Mercedario is a 22,047 ft / 6,720 m mountain peak in the Andes in San Juan, Argentina. Based on peakery data, it ranks as the 1st highest mountain in San Juan and the 7th highest mountain in Argentina. The nearest peaks are Polacos, La Mesa, Cerro Bramadero, Cerro de La Ramada, Cerro Bayo del Cobre, and Cerro las Mulas. Mercedario belongs to the Argentina & Chile 6000m Peaks peak list. See the Mercedario map, 3D fly around, and the Mercedario photos to get a better sense of the mountain.
Photos provided by Panoramio are under the copyright of their owners.
Mercedario SUMMIT LOG
1 member reports climbing or hiking to the summit, most recently on Jan 19, 2010. Below is the trip report and shared pictures from their climb. Based on the summit log, the most popular climbing route and hiking trail to the summit is Normal route (through Guanaquitos (Base Camp)).
Routes Used trails & approaches
3d Fly AroundShow Bigger »
- Polacos 19,849 ft / 6,050 m 3 mi / 6 km away
- La Mesa 20,439 ft / 6,230 m 6 mi / 9 km away
- Cerro Bramadero 15,626 ft / 4,763 m 9 mi / 14 km away
- Cerro de La Ramada 20,866 ft / 6,360 m 9 mi / 15 km away
- Cerro Bayo del Cobre 12,566 ft / 3,830 m 11 mi / 17 km away
- Cerro las Mulas 10,691 ft / 3,259 m 11 mi / 18 km away