Makalu is the 5th highest mountain in the world and located 14 miles east of Mount Everest on the border between Nepal and China. One of the eight-thousanders, Makalu is an isolated peak with the shape of a four-sided pyramid. Makalu has two notable subsidiary peaks Kangchungtse, or Makalu II, 7,678 m (25,190 ft) and Chomo Lonzo, 7,804 m (25,604 ft).
Photos provided by Panoramio are under the copyright of their owners.
Makalu SUMMIT LOG
No one has reported climbing or hiking to Makalu summit on peakery. If you’ve climbed this peak be the first to report it! Share your summit log entry and add Makalu pictures from your climb below. Include the names of the routes or trails you took to the summit and back.
3d Fly AroundShow Bigger »
- Makalu II 25,190 ft / 7,678 m 2 mi / 3 km away
- Chomo Lonzo 25,604 ft / 7,804 m 3 mi / 5 km away
- Ma-k'a-lu Shan 16,271 ft / 4,959 m 3 mi / 5 km away
- Ma-k'a-lu-pei Feng 19,498 ft / 5,943 m 3 mi / 5 km away
- Chomo Lonzo Central 24,820 ft / 7,565 m 4 mi / 6 km away
- Baruntse 23,389 ft / 7,129 m 6 mi / 10 km away