100% Progrebietsky Route (Classical southern route)
Khan Tengri is a 22,999 ft / 7,010 m mountain peak in the Tian Shan Range in China , Kyrgyzstan , Kazakhstan. Based on peakery data, it ranks as the 28th highest mountain in China , 4th highest mountain in Kyrgyzstan and the 1st highest mountain in Kazakhstan. The nearest peaks are Khan Tangiri Shyngy, Jengish Chokusu (Tomur Feng), Pik Pobedy, Pik Nansena, Gora Bas-Karkara, and Halik Shan. Khan Tengri belongs to the World Country High Points, and the Soviet Snow Leopards peak lists. See the Khan Tengri map, 3D fly around, and the Khan Tengri photos to get a better sense of the mountain.
Photos provided by Panoramio are under the copyright of their owners.
Khan Tengri SUMMIT LOG
1 person reports climbing or hiking to the summit, most recently on Aug 5, 2012. Below is the trip report and shared pictures from their climb. Based on the summit log, the most popular climbing route and hiking trail to the summit is Progrebietsky Route (Classical southern route).
Routes Used trails & approaches
3d Fly AroundShow Bigger »
- Khan Tangiri Shyngy 21,769 ft / 6,635 m 0 mi / 0 km away
- Jengish Chokusu (Tomur Feng) 24,406 ft / 7,439 m 12 mi / 20 km away
- Pik Pobedy 23,312 ft / 7,106 m 12 mi / 20 km away
- Pik Nansena 13,348 ft / 4,069 m 28 mi / 45 km away
- Gora Bas-Karkara 11,132 ft / 3,393 m 52 mi / 84 km away
- Halik Shan 16,069 ft / 4,898 m 62 mi / 99 km away