100% East Ridge
Hesperus Mountain or Hesperus Peak is a peak in the La Plata Mountains, a small subrange of the San Juan Mountains. Though not of particularly high elevation for the region, it is visually quite prominent and near the southern edge of the San Juans. Hesperus may be the high point of the La Plata Mountains, but this is disputed with the crown possibly going to nearby Lavender Mountain, about 0.4 miles to the southeast.
Photos provided by Panoramio are under the copyright of their owners.
Hesperus Mountain SUMMIT LOG
3 members report climbing or hiking to the summit, most recently on Sep 7, 2014. Below are trip reports and shared pictures from their climbs.
Others who’ve summited Hesperus Mountain
Routes Used trails & approaches
3d Fly AroundShow Bigger »
- Lavender Peak 12,995 ft / 3,961 m 0 mi / 1 km away
- Centennial Peak 13,048 ft / 3,977 m 1 mi / 1 km away
- Mount Moss 13,195 ft / 4,022 m 1 mi / 1 km away
- Spiller Peak 13,021 ft / 3,969 m 1 mi / 2 km away
- Babcock Peak 13,018 ft / 3,968 m 1 mi / 2 km away
- Jackson Ridge 12,201 ft / 3,719 m 1 mi / 2 km away