100% Appalachian Trail
Grassy Ridge Bald
Grassy Ridge Bald is a 6,165 ft / 1,879 m mountain peak near Spruce Pine, North Carolina, United States. Based on peakery data, it ranks as the 31st highest mountain in North Carolina and the 18500th highest mountain in the United States. The nearest peaks are Yellow Mountain, Jane Bald, Round Bald, Round Mountain, Roan High Knob, and Little Yellow Mountain. Grassy Ridge Bald belongs to the South Beyond 6000 peak list. See the Grassy Ridge Bald map, 3D fly around, and the Grassy Ridge Bald photos to get a better sense of the mountain.
Photos provided by Panoramio are under the copyright of their owners.
Grassy Ridge Bald SUMMIT LOG
8 people report climbing or hiking to the summit, most recently on Jun 28, 2014. Below are trip reports and shared pictures from their climbs. Based on the summit log, the most popular climbing route and hiking trail to the summit is Appalachian Trail.
Others who’ve summited Grassy Ridge Bald
Routes Used trails & approaches
3d Fly AroundShow Bigger »
- Yellow Mountain 5,371 ft / 1,637 m 1 mi / 1 km away
- Jane Bald 5,807 ft / 1,770 m 1 mi / 1 km away
- Round Bald 5,807 ft / 1,770 m 1 mi / 2 km away
- Round Mountain 4,888 ft / 1,490 m 2 mi / 3 km away
- Roan High Knob 6,286 ft / 1,916 m 2 mi / 4 km away
- Little Yellow Mountain 5,492 ft / 1,674 m 2 mi / 4 km away