100% Appalachian Trail
Grassy Ridge Bald
Grassy Ridge Bald is a 6,189 ft / 1,886 m mountain peak near Spruce Pine, North Carolina, United States. Based on peakery data, it ranks as the 30th highest mountain in North Carolina and the 18961st highest mountain in the United States. The nearest peaks are Jane Bald, Elk Hollow Ridge, Round Bald, Round Mountain, Roan High Knob, and Little Yellow Mountain. Grassy Ridge Bald belongs to the South Beyond 6000 Peak Challenge, and the North Carolina/Tennessee Appalachian Trail Peaks peak lists. See the Grassy Ridge Bald map, 3D fly around, and the Grassy Ridge Bald photos to get a better sense of the mountain.
Photos provided by Panoramio are under the copyright of their owners.
Grassy Ridge Bald SUMMIT LOG
14 members report climbing or hiking to the summit, most recently on Apr 25, 2016. Below are trip reports and shared pictures from their climbs. Based on the summit log, the most popular climbing route and hiking trail to the summit is Appalachian Trail.
Others who’ve summited Grassy Ridge Bald
Routes Used trails & approaches
3d Fly AroundShow Bigger »
- Jane Bald 5,800 ft / 1,768 m 1 mi / 1 km away
- Elk Hollow Ridge 5,160 ft / 1,573 m 1 mi / 2 km away
- Round Bald 5,800 ft / 1,768 m 1 mi / 2 km away
- Round Mountain 4,888 ft / 1,490 m 2 mi / 3 km away
- Roan High Knob 6,286 ft / 1,916 m 2 mi / 4 km away
- Little Yellow Mountain 5,492 ft / 1,674 m 2 mi / 4 km away