The Grand Combin is one of the highest peaks in the Alps and the second most prominent of its range. The Grand Combin is a large glaciated massif consisting of several summits, among which three are above 4000 meters. The normal route starts from the Panossière Hut, which lies on the north side in the Corbassière valley. A particularly dangerous passage has to be traversed on the north flank: Le Corridor, a couloir dominated by continuously falling seracs.
Photos provided by Panoramio are under the copyright of their owners.
Grand Combin SUMMIT LOG
No one has reported climbing or hiking to Grand Combin summit on peakery. If you’ve climbed this peak be the first to report it! Share your summit log entry and add Grand Combin pictures from your climb below. Include the names of the routes or trails you took to the summit and back.
Grand Combin de Grafeneire
14,154 ft / 4,314 m
ProminenceHeight Rank Range
4,977 ft / 1,517 m
3d Fly AroundShow Bigger »
- Aiguille du Croissant 13,921 ft / 4,243 m 0 mi / 0 km away
- Grand Combin (de Valsorey) 13,727 ft / 4,184 m 0 mi / 1 km away
- Grand Combin (de la Tsessette) 13,586 ft / 4,141 m 1 mi / 1 km away
- Combin du Meitin 11,883 ft / 3,622 m 1 mi / 2 km away
- Mulets de la Tsessette 12,123 ft / 3,695 m 1 mi / 2 km away
- Petite Aiguille 11,539 ft / 3,517 m 1 mi / 2 km away