100% Traverse across Balcony's north face
Disappointment Peak is a 13,917 ft / 4,242 m mountain peak near West Bishop, California, United States. Based on peakery data, it ranks as the 29th highest mountain in California and the 145th highest mountain in the United States. The nearest peaks are Balcony, Middle Palisade, Norman Clyde Peak, The Thumb, Palisade Crest, and Big Kid Mountain. Disappointment Peak belongs to the Sierra Club Sierra Peaks Challenge peak list. See the Disappointment Peak map, 3D fly around, and the Disappointment Peak photos to get a better sense of the mountain.
Photos provided by Panoramio are under the copyright of their owners.
Disappointment Peak SUMMIT LOG
1 member reports climbing or hiking to the summit, most recently on Aug 12, 2016. Below is the trip report and shared pictures from their climb. Based on the summit log, the most popular climbing route and hiking trail to the summit is Traverse across Balcony's north face.
Routes Used trails & approaches
3d Fly AroundShow Bigger »
- Balcony 13,840 ft / 4,218 m 0 mi / 0 km away
- Middle Palisade 14,012 ft / 4,271 m 0 mi / 0 km away
- Norman Clyde Peak 13,855 ft / 4,223 m 1 mi / 1 km away
- The Thumb 13,356 ft / 4,071 m 1 mi / 2 km away
- Palisade Crest 13,553 ft / 4,131 m 2 mi / 2 km away
- Mount Bolton Brown 13,491 ft / 4,112 m 2 mi / 3 km away