100% deep gap to left of summit, follow ridge to summit
Cold Mountain is a 6,030 ft / 1,838 m mountain peak in the Great Balsam Mountains in North Carolina, United States. Based on peakery data, it ranks as the 49th highest mountain in North Carolina and the 18588th highest mountain in the United States. The nearest peaks are Stairs Mountain, Dog Loser Knob, Shining Rock, Old Butt Knob, Flower Knob, and Piney Field Top. Cold Mountain belongs to the South Beyond 6000 peak list. See the Cold Mountain map, 3D fly around, and the Cold Mountain photos to get a better sense of the mountain.
Photos provided by Panoramio are under the copyright of their owners.
Cold Mountain SUMMIT LOG
5 people report climbing or hiking to the summit, most recently on Jun 4, 2011. Below are trip reports and shared pictures from their climbs.
Others who’ve claimed Cold Mountain
Routes Used trails & approaches
3d Fly AroundShow Bigger »
Highest peaks within 250 mi / 400 km
- Stairs Mountain 5,791 ft / 1,765 m 2 mi / 3 km away
- Dog Loser Knob 5,735 ft / 1,748 m 3 mi / 5 km away
- Shining Rock 6,040 ft / 1,841 m 3 mi / 5 km away
- Old Butt Knob 5,522 ft / 1,683 m 3 mi / 5 km away
- Flower Knob 5,892 ft / 1,796 m 3 mi / 6 km away
- Piney Field Top 4,616 ft / 1,407 m 4 mi / 6 km away
- Recent Summits
- Wolf Mountain
- Pigeon Hill
- Mount Hood
- Parce Mountain
- Grandeur Peak
- Whiteface Mountain
- Griffith Peak
- Piper Mountain