Chestnut Bald is a 6,040 ft / 1,841 m mountain peak near Clyde, North Carolina, United States. Based on peakery data, it ranks as the 45th highest mountain in North Carolina and the 19181st highest mountain in the United States. The nearest peaks are Silvermine Bald, Little Sam Knob, Sam Knob, Fork River Bald, Black Balsam Knob, and Black Mountain. Chestnut Bald belongs to the South Beyond 6000 peak list. See the Chestnut Bald map, 3D fly around, and the Chestnut Bald photos to get a better sense of the mountain.
Photos provided by Panoramio are under the copyright of their owners.
Chestnut Bald SUMMIT LOG
2 members report climbing or hiking to the summit, most recently on Aug 7, 2012. Below are trip reports and shared pictures from their climbs.
Others who’ve summited Chestnut Bald
3d Fly AroundShow Bigger »
- Silvermine Bald 5,951 ft / 1,814 m 1 mi / 1 km away
- Little Sam Knob 5,860 ft / 1,786 m 1 mi / 2 km away
- Sam Knob 6,040 ft / 1,841 m 1 mi / 2 km away
- Fork River Bald 5,509 ft / 1,679 m 2 mi / 3 km away
- Black Balsam Knob 6,214 ft / 1,894 m 2 mi / 3 km away
- Black Mountain 5,413 ft / 1,650 m 2 mi / 3 km away