Black Mountain is a 3,573 ft / 1,089 m mountain peak near Shandon, California, United States. Based on peakery data, it ranks as the 3369th highest mountain in California and the 31501st highest mountain in the United States. The nearest peaks are Pine Mountain, Hi Mountain Potrero, Hi Mountain, Machesna Mountain, Big Baldy, and Caldwell Mesa. See the Black Mountain map, 3D fly around, and the Black Mountain photos to get a better sense of the mountain.
Photos provided by Panoramio are under the copyright of their owners.
Black Mountain SUMMIT LOG
2 people report climbing or hiking to the summit, most recently on Jun 12, 2011. Below are trip reports and shared pictures from their climbs. Based on the summit log, the most popular climbing route and hiking trail to the summit is road.
Routes Used trails & approaches
3d Fly AroundShow Bigger »
- Pine Mountain 3,599 ft / 1,097 m 6 mi / 10 km away
- Hi Mountain Potrero 2,838 ft / 865 m 9 mi / 15 km away
- Hi Mountain 3,179 ft / 969 m 10 mi / 16 km away
- Machesna Mountain 3,917 ft / 1,194 m 10 mi / 16 km away
- Big Baldy 2,664 ft / 812 m 11 mi / 18 km away
- Caldwell Mesa 2,493 ft / 760 m 12 mi / 19 km away